Parents often tell us that their employment situation was greatly impacted by their child’s cancer experience. The realities of treatment sometimes mean that at least one parent quits or greatly decreases their hours, needs to change industries for a more flexible solution, or misses out on the career progression that would have been made if a cancer diagnosis had not occurred.
Going back to work, changing industries, and getting your career back on track can be daunting tasks, but you don’t have to do it alone. No matter what industry you were or are in, your experience level, or how your child’s cancer experience has impacted you, the JobAccelerator program can support you with your employment goals.
What is the JobAccelerator program?
JobAccelerator, powered by Hudson, is a combination of 1-on-1 tailored coaching, live webinars, and online self-learning to help you transition careers or re-enter employment.
As part of the program, you can work with a Career Coach to focus on a variety of things including:
Navigating change and transition
Creating a job search plan
Reviewing and updating your resume
Reviewing your LinkedIn profile
Interview skills practice
Coaching on salary negotiation
Who is JobAccelerator for?
JobAccelerator is for parents, guardians, and carers of children or teenagers (aged 0-18) who have been diagnosed with cancer.
It is open to parents of children at any stage of the cancer experience, including those who are bereaved.
What will I gain from the program?
JobAccelerator provides the support needed to manage career change.
- Advice on how to confidently present your career story
- In-depth self-insight and exploration of new opportunities
- Assistance to recognise transferable skills you can bring to a new role
- A resume and LinkedIn profile that helps you stand out
- Guidance on the best networking and market research approach for you
- Focused job search tools including job boards and social media
- Practical advice and insights for your interview and selection processes
- Confidence to effectively apply for roles and negotiate outcomes for your new role
- Referrals to recruitment agencies and organisations to discuss local opportunities
- Specialist guidance for transition to retirement (if required)
- Small business considerations (if required)